|Name||Christopher Alvin Stapleton|
|Birthday||April 15, 1978|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, Guitarist, Record producer|
|Genres||Country, Soul, Southern Rock, Bluegrass, Outlaw country|
|Band||The Steel Drivers|
When you are a music lover, especially if you are a fan of rock music, then you must know about Christopher Alvin Stapleton. He is an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist who wrote numerous hit songs for many country, rock, and pop musicians prior to coming into the limelight himself with his solo career. A Nashville native who grew up in Orange County California, he has been called a “one-man-band” due to his ability to play multiple instruments and sing. He has recorded more than 150 songs in his career spanning over 40 years. He has sold over 50 million records across the world.
In the early 2000s, Stapleton, then 20 years old, moved to Nashville. He started writing songs and signed a publishing deal with Sea Gayle Music. In 2007, he became the frontman for the bluegrass group the Steel Drivers. They had two hit records; each peaked at number 2 on the bluegrass chart before Chris Stapleton left in 2010. In 2010, Chris Stapleton founded a Southern rock band called the Jompson Brothers. The band was made up of Stapleton on vocals, Greg McKee on guitar, J.T. Cure on bass, Bard McNamee on drums, and Matt Spalding on pedal steel guitar. For five years, the band played over 300 shows in 35 states and 3 countries. They released their first album on March 26th, 2013. In 2013, Chris Stapleton signed to Mercury Nashville to pursue a solo career. Released in October 2013, his first single, ‘What Are You Listening To?’ did not do well. His first solo studio album Traveller was released in October 2016 which reached number one on the Billboard 200 chart. Chris Stapleton released his second album, ‘From A Room: Volume 1’, he also had a huge win at the Grammys. The singer-songwriter took home Best Country Album and Best Country Solo Performance awards for his album.
In a short span of five years, Chris Stapleton has become one of the biggest names in music. Not only has he won two Grammys, but he also managed to establish himself as a concert headliner with multiple international tours and sold-out performances across the world. But what started as a humble country roots act soon turned into a blockbuster success story. Here’s your look at the band life of Chris Stapleton. He is also the winner of two Emmy Awards, one for Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special (2016) and another for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie (2017).
On December 8, 2017, Stapleton was married to singer and songwriter Morgane Stapleton in a small ceremony at their home in Nashville. His wife worked with Arista Nashville record company and co-wrote Carrie Underwood’s hit song ‘Don’t Forget to Remember Me’. Stapleton first met her when both were working at publishing houses adjacent to each other. They have four children, including twin boys.
Studio Album of Chris Stapleton
Some Top listed songs were performed by Chris Stapleton. We discover the list of the album which was done before.
|Traveller||Released: May 5, 2015 Label: Mercury Nashville|
|From A Room: Volume 1||Released: May 5, 2017 Label: Mercury Nashville|
|From A Room: Volume 2||Released: December 1, 2017 Label: Mercury Nashville|
|Starting Over||Released: November 13, 2020 Label: Mercury Nashville|
Popular Songs of Chris Stapleton
We bring you some popular songs which were performed by Chris Stapleton. It will be great for those who are fans of this artist and the songs that he sang in his solo career.
|Starting Over||2020||Starting Over|
|Nobody to Blame||2015||Traveller|
|Broken Halos||2017||From A Room, Volume 1|
|Millionaire||2017||From A Room, Volume 2|
|You Should Probably Leave||2020||Starting Over|
|Tell Me When It’s Over||2019||Threads|
Award and Achievements
The award and achievements of a singer are important. This is because such things help people to know about the capability, skills, and knowledge of a singer. The beauty of the things like this is that they increase the confidence level in an individual.
Academy of Country Music Awards
- 2016 – Album of the Year “Traveller”
- 2018 – Album of the Year “From A Room, Volume 1”
- 2019 – Songwriter of the Decade “From A Room, Volume 2”
- 2021 – Album of the Year “Starting Over”
British Country Music Association Awards
- 2016 – International Album of the Year “Traveller”
- 2016 – International Son of the Year “Tennessee Whiskey”
Country Music Association Awards
- 2015 – Album of the Year “Traveller”
- 2016 – Collaborative Video of the Year “Fire Away”
- 2017 – “From A Room: Volume 1” Best Country Album
- 2018 – “From A Room: Volume 2” Best Country Album
- 2009 – “Blue Side of the Mountain ”Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group
- 2011 – Reckless Best Bluegrass Album
- 2016 – “Traveller” Album of the Year/ Best Country Album
- 2018 – “From A Room: Volume 1” Best Country Album/Best Country Solo Performance
- 2019 – “Say Something” Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
- 2016 – Collaborative Video of the Year “Fire Away”
- 2010 – Favorite Country Album “From A Room, Volume 1”
Americana Music Honors & Awards
- 2012 – Artist of the Year “Traveller”
- 2006 – Most Performed Songs “Your Man” (by Chris DuBois, Stapleton)
- 2007 – Most Performed Songs”Swing” (by Frank Rogers, Stapleton)
- 2008 – Most Performed Songs”Never Wanted Nothing More”
- 2009 – Most Performed Songs”Another You” (by Stapleton, Jeremy Spillman)
- 2010 – Most Performed Songs “Keep On Lovin’ You” (by Stapleton, Trent Willmon)
- 2011 – Most Performed Songs “Come Back Song” (by Darius Rucker, Stapleton)
- 2012 – Vanguard Award “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright” (Recorded by George Strait)
- 2016 Chris Stapleton Vanguard Award